THIS POLICY WAS LAST UPDATED ON 9/23/2020
We at Venkel Ltd. (referred to in this Policy as “Venkel,” “we” or “us”) know that you care how your Personal Information is used and shared and that you value your right to privacy. We respect your concerns and respect your right to privacy.
1. The Personal Information We Collect
2. How We Collect Personal Information
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
4. How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
5. Retention and Protection of Your Personal Information
6. How to Update Your Personal Information
7. How to Opt Out of Direct Marketing
9. Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
11. Children’s Privacy
12. California Privacy Rights
13. “Do Not Track” Signals
14. Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Business Transactions
16. Users in the European Economic Area
17. How to Contact Us
1. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Depending upon how you use our Website, how you interact with us at events and trade shows, and how you purchase our Products and Services we may collect the following types of Personal Information: name, company, phone number, e-mail address, address, role, title, username, password, and information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, links you clicked and the time that your device visited our Website.
We also collect Non-identifying Information.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Through our Website: We may collect information such as name, company, phone number, e-mail address, address, role, title, username, password, or other information you voluntarily provide us when you are on our Website or interact with our Products and Services.
Offline: We collect information from you offline, such as when you attend a trade show, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact us.
Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version. Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access our Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services.
Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies: "Cookies" include commonly used pieces of information in the form of small files that are placed on an individual’s device to enable the individual to more easily communicate and interact with websites. When you visit our Website, we may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable us to store information about your device which helps us, among other things, to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and enhance the level of Products and Services and functions provided.
By Aggregating Information: Aggregated Personal Information is Non-Identifying Information. It does not personally identify you or any other user of the Website (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of Website visitors or customers from a particular state).
Information From Other Sources: In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and Product and Services to you, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information in the following instances:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested information or content, including quotations and other information and materials regarding our Products and Services.
- To administer our Website.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our Website and Products and Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you sales and marketing communications, including via e-mail in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To invite you to provide feedback or participate in customer surveys; in order to better understand the nature and quality of the Products and Services we provide and to improve and further develop Products and Services.
- To personalize your experience on our Website by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in drawings, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving, or modifying our Website and Product and Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Consider an application for employment from you.
- As deemed necessary to protect our legal rights and our property, to protect other users or any third party, or to prevent personal injury or loss.
- With your consent.
4. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Service Providers, agents and subcontractors: third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as sending out information, conducting surveys, analyzing and correcting data, delivering shipments of products (order delivery) and other professional services. We only give these service providers access to the Personal Information they need to deliver their services to us or on our behalf.
- Business Partners: Venkel partners with a select group of businesses and works closely with them to market or sell our products. We may disclose Personal Information to our partners for the purposes described above.
- Protection of Venkel and Others: We release Personal Information as we believe necessary and appropriate to law enforcement, tax, fraud prevention, credit risk agencies and other related organizations and where we are required by applicable law or pursuant to a court, administrative or similar order.
5. RETENTION AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization, including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure your Personal Information from loss, misuse, interference, and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100 percent secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is always some risk assumed by sharing Personal Information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure please immediately notify us in accordance with the contact details at the end of this document.
We will retain your Personal Information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue our legitimate business interests, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce applicable agreements.
6. HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you believe that Personal Information we have about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct the Personal Information by contacting us (see the end of this document).
7. HOW TO OPT OUT OF DIRECT MARKETING
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our e-mails or by contacting us (see the end of this document).
9. THIRD PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
Social Media: Our Website and Products and Services may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, LinkedIn, or other social media or related connections. These companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Website, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
We are not responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, RIM, Twitter or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the our Website or the Social Media Pages.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc., to improve the user experience. Google Analytics helps us determine the number of visitors to our website and helps us understand how users find our site. Google Analytics may record your geographical location, device, internet browser, operating system, and IP address. We are not provided with information allowing us to link an individual to an IP address. If you do not want to be tracked by Google Analytics on our Website, you can opt out at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HubSpot: We use marketing analytics tools provided by HubSpot. HubSpot runs its analytics on first party cookies. HubSpot keeps track of lead and customer interactions with Venkel. To opt out of HubSpot’s tracking, you can clear cookies within your browser. You can also use a private browser like Chrome’s Incognito Mode or Firefox’s Private Browsing feature.
Magento: We use analytics tools provided by Magento. The analytics tools allow us to understand customer interactions on our site and learn about our top customers and our repeat customers. To opt out of tracking, you can clear cookies within your browser or use a private browser.
LiveChat: We use analytics tools provided by LiveChat. These tools allow us to understand how often our chat feature is utilized.
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register on our Website or send any Personal Information about yourself to us in any way. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
12. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the CCPA Privacy Notice .
13. “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Venkel does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals.
14. MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS, AND OTHER BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
We may decide to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize our business. If that occurs, you will be notified via e-mail or a prominent notice on our Website of any ownership change and any changes in the use of your Personal Information. These types of transactions may involve the disclosure of Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. We seek appropriate protection for Personal Information in these types of transactions.
16. USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
16.1 DATA CONTROLLER
Venkel is the Data Controller of Personal Information you provide to us on our Website, at events and trade shows, and in connection with purchases of our Products and Services. If you have questions about our data privacy practices, you can contacting us (see the end of this document).
16.2 PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED, USED, SHARED, AND RETAINED
16.3 LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will collect and use your Personal Information where the processing is in our legitimate business interests, such as for sales and marketing efforts related to the sale of Venkel products to Business-to-Business (B2B) customers. Our legal basis for processing Personal Information in certain circumstances will also be based on your consent to do so or where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you or in order to enter into a business relationship with you. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you.
16.4 YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access and Confirmation. You have the right to ask us if we process Personal Information about you, and in some circumstances, to obtain a copy of your Personal Information.
Deletion and Blocking. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to have your Personal Information deleted or blocked without undue delay.
Direct Marketing. You have the right to object to our processing of Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
Consent. To the extent we are processing Personal Information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Data Portability. Under certain circumstances, to the extent we are processing your Personal Information on the basis of consent, or that it is necessary to perform a contract with you, and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive the Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
To exercise those rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Lodge a Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority in your country.
16.5 INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As we are located in the USA, any Personal Information you provide will be processed and stored in the USA. Depending on your country of origin, this may mean that your Personal Information will be stored in a jurisdiction that offers a level of protection that may, in certain instances, be less protective of your Personal Information than the jurisdiction you are typically a resident in.
If we transfer information to third parties outside of the European Economic Area or the United States, we will enter into contracts which are based on internationally recognized data protection standards (example: Standard Contractual Clauses).
If you wish to inquire further about the safeguards we use, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this Policy.
17. HOW TO CONTACT US
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
By e-mail: email@example.com
By telephone: 800-950-8365.
5900 Shepherd Mountain Cv.
Austin, TX 78730